Sunday, October 19, 2014

LAZY GIRL GUIDE TO: QUICK AND HEALTHY BREAKFAST

Hi lovelies! Hope you're having a great weekend that's been full of un-procrastination unlike myself. My first set of college deadlines are in less two weeks and I still have two essays to write. Ugh. I often find myself wondering if I'm cut out to be a pilot or better yet, a hobo for the rest of my life.

Anyways, today is a lazy girl guide to quick and healthy breakfast! I love breakfast and no matter how late I'm running, I always eat breakfast. It's important to eat something after (hopefully) eight hours of sleep (it's more like four or five for me) and it's soooo important if you're trying to lose weight. You can't lose weight by starving in the morning and then overeating throughout the day. Okay let's go!

1. Oat bowl

You'll need:

  • oats
  • milk (any kind works)
  • optional: toppings
Okay, I usually make the oats the night before so I can just pour toppings on in the morning. All you need to do is place some plain oats in a bowl and then pour milk into it. I don't like soggy oats, so I go lighter on the milk. I usually use almond milk, but any kind is okay! Then I just put plastic wrap over the bowl and the next morning, I pick out my favorite toppings. Usually, I add some pumpkin flax granola (tastes like a pumpkin spice latte without the calories), raisins and these amazing Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai pieces. You can add fruit or dark chocolate too! It's super versatile.


2. Blogilates Pancakes

I swear by Blogilates for fun fitness and also these "cheap clean eats" that are lifesavers in a pinch. She has these pancakes that are so simple, yet taste so good.

http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/08/17/100-natural-pancakes-recipe-gluten-free-flourless-low-calorie/

All you need is two eggs and a banana; how easy is that? And if you don't like eggs, you can get those liquid egg whites or any other substitute.



3. Fastest Omelette Ever

Some days, I don't want something sweet so I make an omelette. There's really no exact recipe for this one; it varies depends on what vegetables are in my fridge. Usually I'll have:


  • 1 or 2 eggs (depends on how hungry I am) 
  • frozen vegetable mix (onion, celery, etc) 
  • pepper, onion powder, garlic salt
  • olive oil
  • optional: cheese, tomatoes, other toppings


So all I do is heat some olive oil up, crack my eggs into a pot and then add everything in. I add excessive amounts of black pepper to everything so my omelette is basically covered in black specks. This is super fast, super tasty, and perfect for mornings when I want  something different.


And then if I'm running REALLY late, I turn to an apple, a yogurt, or a granola bar (usually some combination of those three things) and my water.

I also have been drinking water really consistently for about three months now. I just got this "Addison" Contigo 24 oz bottle after my DFL one leaked all over my backseat. This bottle is literally leak-proof and super durable (I've dropped it numerous times on my way to working out). I try to drink at least two of these bottles everyday.



Okay, I'll see you guys later! Hope this provides a little inspiration for all my other lazy girls out there, looking to get more sleep but still eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment