Monday, October 6, 2014

Lazy Girl's Guide to Dressing Well in Under 5 Minutes

Hi lovelies! I hope you've been blessed with crisp, nice fall weather rather than freezing rain and darkness like moi for the past few days. I've recently been searching on tumblr (I refuse to rejoin the Pinterest cult) and just online in general for lazy day outfits. Except I don't like lazy day outfits like sweatpants. I still need to look put together, just not feel like it. I know some other people have to feel this way too; I think I've just been conditioned to look somewhat decent at all times. So here are tried-and-true classy yet effortless outfit ideas!

1. White T shirt

I literally cannot stress the importance of having a white tee that is comfy. If you don't have one, I want you to go out to H&M or Gap and just buy like three because these are life savers. I know whenever I'm running late and I don't have any outfits in mind, I run to a white tee like peanut butter runs to jelly. White t shirts are the quintessential basic; you can dress them up with a blazer or cardigan, layer it with a scarf and a jacket or just casually half tuck it into a pair of jeans and bedhead hair and leave (the latter is me on 95% of all days).

I LITERALLY HAVE 5 MINUTES:

  • white tee
  • jeans
  • flats/cute statement shoes to distract from the mess that is inevitably my hair
Eh I have some more time: 

  • white tee
  • skirt
  • long cardigan
  • scarf 
  • ankle boots/oxfords
It's freezing outside: 

  • white tee
  • parka
  • jeans
  • fuzzy socks
  • combat boots
  • scarf
  • hat
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=136787656

I made a set on Polyvore in case any of you wanted to see these in action. 

2. Chambray

Okay, seriously another investment piece that you will so not regret. Lazy days don't even look lazy with a chambray. The button-down makes it more structured and you'll look like you tried, especially if the chambray has a groovy pattern like polka dots or stars or something. And chambrays look great layered under a military jacket or grandpa cardigan. Go crazy.

WHY DID I HIT SNOOZE SO MUCH: 
  • chambray
  • black jeans
  • flats/boots/oxfords
3. Sweater + Scarf

Dude, you'll be the epitome of comfy. I swear by this combination for freezing days in the Midwest, especially if you own a lot of thick sweaters and scarves like me. And a cute bun ties the whole "I tried, but not too hard and I'm comfier than you" look together. 

IT'S -12 OUTSIDE BUT I WANNA BE CUTE

  • grandpa sweater
  • super thick and comfy infinity scarf
  • leggings (unless you want to wear actual pants, then go ahead) 
  • thick socks (YACTRAX for life) 
  • boots
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=136788180

Another Polyvore set for you guys! It's the chambray and the sweater together because I'm too lazy to separate them, hence my self-proclaimed title of lazy. 

4. Dresses

Dresses are my lifesavers. I would never look half as semi-decent as I do at school without dresses. They literally take two minutes to put, you can accessorize the poop out of them or leave them plain, wear them in all seasons (screw sundress season, I'll wear mine in January). This is my second to last resort besides the white tee. But really, I love dresses. 

I LOOK CUTER THAN YOU BUT I GOT MORE SLEEP: 

  • LBD
  • sweater
  • tights
  • ankle booties
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=136788560

and the last Polyvore set. 

Okay, those were some of my ideas for dressing well in a rush. Even lazy girls can afford to look decent, or at least by my standards. Take those extra minutes that you don't have to spend getting ready to get a pumpkin spice latte or other drink that will warm your insides into a little pile of euphoric mush. Enjoy and get your lazy girl on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment