Sunday, November 23, 2014

LAZY GIRL GUIDE TO: EVERY DAY HAIRSTYLES

Hello! I know it's been a while, but alas the torturous finals week just passed. And yes, my school is on trimesters, not semesters, therefore explaining the strange date of finals week. Anyways, I thought I would share some every day hairstyles for lazy girls, but still want to look good. I typically spend about three minutes on my hair due to these hairstyles.

1. Messy Ponytail (~1 minute or less)

  • spray some sea salt spray (I use NYM Beach Babe Spray) into your hair and scrunch
  • optional: texturizing paste (FX paste works well) for additional texture
  • grab a ponytail holder and tie your hair into a loose ponytail
  • tighten the ponytail and then when I want my hair to look a little messier, I either have a bathroom dance party or jump up and down a few times to get that bedhead, natural look. 

2. Messy Bun (~2 minutes)
  • sea salt spray and texturizing paste again
  • gather all of your hair and twist it until it becomes a bun
  • bobby pin it and voila
3. Half Up, Half Down (~1 minute)
  • sea salt and paste once again
  • then scrunch extra 
  • roughly take one inch sections from each side 
  • pin them together in the back where they intersect 

4. Messy Pinned Back Updo (~3 minutes)
  • sea salt, paste, scrunch
  • pin random pieces of hair back roughly
  • add a nice statement pin or ribbon



This website (http://www.sunandmooncraftkits.com/filigree-hair-barrettes.html) has super cute barettes and hair clips and they're all for a really affordable price! I'm not sponsored to say this, I just found their website and it looks really nice. 


Well, that's all I've got! I usually repeat these hairstyles basically every day during school because I just don't apply heat to my hair ever. However, if you do use salt spray and paste very often, it will dry your hair out so I recommend a regular mask or leave-in conditioner like the Macadamia brand. It smells really good and it can be found at most salons and also at some TJMaxx stores. Good luck and see you next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment