1. Messy Ponytail (~1 minute or less)
- spray some sea salt spray (I use NYM Beach Babe Spray) into your hair and scrunch
- optional: texturizing paste (FX paste works well) for additional texture
- grab a ponytail holder and tie your hair into a loose ponytail
- tighten the ponytail and then when I want my hair to look a little messier, I either have a bathroom dance party or jump up and down a few times to get that bedhead, natural look.
2. Messy Bun (~2 minutes)
- sea salt spray and texturizing paste again
- gather all of your hair and twist it until it becomes a bun
- bobby pin it and voila
3. Half Up, Half Down (~1 minute)
- sea salt and paste once again
- then scrunch extra
- roughly take one inch sections from each side
- pin them together in the back where they intersect
4. Messy Pinned Back Updo (~3 minutes)
- sea salt, paste, scrunch
- pin random pieces of hair back roughly
- add a nice statement pin or ribbon
This website (http://www.sunandmooncraftkits.com/filigree-hair-barrettes.html) has super cute barettes and hair clips and they're all for a really affordable price! I'm not sponsored to say this, I just found their website and it looks really nice.
Well, that's all I've got! I usually repeat these hairstyles basically every day during school because I just don't apply heat to my hair ever. However, if you do use salt spray and paste very often, it will dry your hair out so I recommend a regular mask or leave-in conditioner like the Macadamia brand. It smells really good and it can be found at most salons and also at some TJMaxx stores. Good luck and see you next time!