Sunday, November 30, 2014

LAZY GIRL GUIDE: Fitness

Hello! So I know, it's that time of the year again, where we go overboard on the food because it's the holidays and sweaters can cover up everything. And as a self-proclaimed lazy person, I wholeheartedly understand this dilemma. I think I've already explained my story in another blog post, but it was probably eons ago so here we go.

Once upon a time, little sophomore me played high school soccer. That went fine. Until November and December rolled around and I overate A LOT so I gained a lot of weight. PAUSE I'm not trying to say a number on a scale defines anyone because it doesn't. But I knew I weighed way more than I should and I was unhappy with how I looked. So I tried running, which is something I hadn't done since middle school cross country, and I lost about 15 pounds, which is great. I also pushed myself to run a half-marathon and that also happened so yay for being somewhat accomplished (I just really wanted a sticker on my car). But now, college application and school season is hitting me hard and I haven't been able to find time to run. It gets dark about 5:00 pm here in the Midwest and usually I don't get home until 6:00 and there's eating and stuff. So I've taken to a few new ways of exercise. Here they are:

1. Blogilates
 I know, I know, I talk about Blogilates way too much. But seriously, Cassey Ho gets you worked out so well and she is so funny and personable. I highly recommend her plank videos because you will hurt, but you can also study or read throughout the routine, if you're a nerd like me. And her cheap clean eats are hands-down the best things ever. All you need is a phone or tablet or laptop with Youtube and you'll be set to go. This is her Playa del Plank video and trust me, you will cry every time she says rest in plank because it BURNS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVdng_dq-sE
2. FitnessBlender
Okay, so maybe I'm a little obsessed with Youtube, but this channel is a couple and they are so cute. And you will hate them throughout the videos, but afterwards you will love them. I highly recommend the Red Light, Green Light video, mainly because I'm basically a little kid and love that game and it keeps you constantly alert. This link goes to the Brutal HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Ladder video; I love it. It works you hard and you'll be done in 20 minutes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnsLVArIt8
3. Zumba Classes
I have something like Zumba in my town called Pulse and it is the funniest workout I've ever done. Most towns have some sort of zumba class or dance cardio combination and I find that time passes so quickly. Also it helps when there is a hundred other people feeling the same pain that you do, so bring a friend. This link goes to the Pulse channel and this video shows you what Pulse is like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxJ_AtdbD9E
4. Walk your dog
Okay so maybe all of us don't have dogs. But just go for a little walk if you have time. It's not as strenuous on your muscles as running and you won't be as gross after, but you'll be fit.

5. Insanity
I'm so excited to talk about this one because I am trying this out, starting today. It claims to transform your body in sixty days with the same result you would see in a year. Today is the fitness test for it and I'm eager to tell you guys about how it goes! I've heard it is really hard, but it seems like zumba. You have to buy some DVDs for it, but I'm cheap so I'm watching Youtube videos of each exercise.

Okay these are some lazy girl ways to discreetly get exercise in, without actually doing that much/leaving your house. Hope these work and I'll keep you posted on my Insanity activities (you can follow it on my Wordpress blog: http://anthearuns.wordpress.com). Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment