Thursday, July 16, 2015

DIY GAME OF THRONES SHIRT

Hello guys! I apologize for not posting for a long while; between graduation, graduation parties, and traveling, I haven't had a whole lot of extra time. However, I have found the time to watch all five seasons of Game of Thrones, basically consecutively, which led to a lot of crying during the Red Wedding and the season 5 finale (these crows ain't loyal). I also found myself obsessing over GoT merchandise, which is often etsy material (aka can cost a lot because homemade). 

I found this shirt: 


which flawlessly conveys the fact that you are a hardcore GoT fan and that you support the khaleesi as the winner of the game of thrones. I really like this shirt because it's simple, but can be worn many ways. So let's get into it! 

WHAT YOU'LL NEED: 

  • a tee shirt (a shirt from anywhere is okay. I recommend F21 or even the dollar store in a pinch) 
  • iron-on letters (you can look in craft stores for this specific type) 
  • if you don't want iron-on letters, you can try stencils and paint, but I'm terrible at paint so I'm avoiding that
STEPS: 

  1. read the iron-on letters instructions (it tells the temperature of the iron and for what length of time) 
  2. place a piece of cardboard between the front and back of the shirt 
  3. lay out the letters (you can use a ruler for equal spacing between the letters) and arrange to how you would like it. 
  4. *you can also pick different phrases like "valar morghulis" or some catchy one from Tyrion or really any phrase 
  5. follow the instructions and iron on the letters
  6. wait for the shirt to cool and then peel off the letters and enjoy! 
some ideas for how to wear this: 


I hope you guys enjoy this, especially the people who love Game of Thrones as much as I do (and yes, I have read the books too so I'm not just partial to those who watch the TV show). Valar morghulis and have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment