Monday, April 13, 2015

INFLUENSTER CAMPUS VOXBOX SPRING 2015 REVIEW

I Hello my lovelies! So when I got home today, a bright blue box was waiting outside with a stack of letters and I was super excited to see that the box was the Influenster Campus VoxBox for the spring of 2015. There is always a wide variety of free (!!!) goodies inside and I was super excited to see what they were. So let's get into it!

First off, what is Influenster? It's a website where you write about the things you like/dislike/tried/hated and everybody is able to see which face wash they should try compared to that one mascara that clumps up for everybody. It's basically like being a Youtube beauty guru, except you don't have to post any videos of yourself because it's all online. You get a score for your reviews as well as your social media influence (Twitter, blogs, instagram, you know) and every few months, these Voxboxes come around, aka a box of free goodies to try, which some people (like myself!) become eligible for by keeping a high social media score and posting a lot of reviews! Furthermore, before we start the review, I just want to say that these products were sent to me for free through Influenster and these are my honest opinions about them.

1. Sour Punch Punchies (anywhere from $0.89-$1.29)
Okay, so I'm a huge sucker for packaging, especially neon packaging and this one was just in my face. Also I love sour candy, so there's that. Within minutes of cutting open the box, I was already trying these little candies out and I actually really like them. They remind me of Sour Punch straws but in the shape and texture of jelly beans... It sounds weird, but trust me, they are really good! Also, I'm currently eating the rest of the bag as dessert after dinner and they are so good.

2. Sour Punch Rainbow Straws ($1.29-1.59)
I don't know about you guys, but I always got so excited to see Sour Punch straws at my school in the cafeteria. I would save up like $5 and then buy 5 packets of the blue raspberry Sour Punch straws and eat them all at night, which probably explains why I was so chubby in middle school. Anyways, I felt pretty nostalgic seeing this pack of sour punch straws and then I proceeded to tear the package open and return to my middle school ways. They're still straws, still sour, and still the best. I would totally recommend trying to drink soda out of these candy straws (I would do it, but I don't drink soda) because that is childhood in one snack.

3. Softlips Cube ($3.49)
Okay, this is hands-down the coolest packaging I've seen on a lip balm. It came in the last Voxbox and I have been using it like crazy. It comes in a little cube, but when you unscrew it, the lip balm is shaped like the eos ones. I've only tried the Pomegranate Blueberry and it smells so good (it comes in Fresh Mint, Vanilla Bean which sounds yummy, and Strawberry too!). It also really works well as a lip balm too; it feels like it wears off quickly, but your lips will stay unchapped and soft all day.

4. St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub ($3.99-4.79)
I actually was expecting a mini sample of this face scrub, but nope, Influenster went all out and bought the 6 ounce ones (size of a normal face wash basically) so thanks friends! This is actually a pretty popular face scrub and I'm pretty sure that Ingrid Nilsen (Youtuber aka my closet goals aka my beauty/hair goals aka everything goals) raved about this so I'm really excited to try this. This is, however, a deep exfoliator and it's meant to treat acne too so I'm guessing I'll only be able to use every so often or my skin will probably fall off (not cute, especially right before prom). However, it is sulfate, paraben, and oil free so less chemicals on your face, and eventually your body! Yay!

5. Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mouse ($12.99)
I guess I never realized how expensive self-tanner was because I was really surprised to see that this 6 ounce bottle costs $13. I actually don't use self-tanner because 1. I don't really care that much and 2. I'm Asian, which puts me in this weird skin tone category and normal tanner will make me look like an actual freak. This seems to be a really nice product that works fairly easily, but I would make sure you know how to put on self-tanner first (get gloves girl! and exfoliate before, or else you'll be streaky). I'll probably give this to a friend or something and get tan through running and canoeing this summer, but this product seems neat!

6. L'oreal Paris Advanced Straight System
So this is just the baby packets of shampoo, conditioner, and some pre-conditioner for straight hair, but tbh I've been doing this hair curling method lately and I'm not really feeling straight hair right now. I actually got one of these hair straightening packets from Forever 21 too and it's Garnier Fructis, but it's also for straightening hair so I haven't used it yet. I guess I'll let you guys know if my usually pin-straight hair gets any straighter after using these (I refuse to flatiron my hair, because sleeping trumps all and I'm not a fan of heat tools anyways).

Anyways, that's all I got from Influenster and I am so happy to be a part of this program. These people always pull through, especially with the candy, after an annoying day at school and I'm so glad to have received two of these Voxboxes now. I hope everybody has a great week and also considers checking out Influenster. Adios friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment