Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let's Talk: The Midwest

Hi my wonderful darlings! Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days, school is hectic and makes me stay up to unreasonable hours to finish homework. And no, I don't procrastinate, I'm just in three advanced science classes this trimester so no judging. So today I wanted to talk about something that is just so near and dear to my heart. (In case you can't detect my dripping sarcasm, I strongly dislike the Midwest.)

So I'll let you guys know a little creeper fact: I live in the Midwest. Actually I live in the epitome of the Midwest, and sadly it's not Iowa, but in fact Indiana. Yeah, don't worry it's that one state in the middle of no where. Okay so first what bothers me is that the Midwest is inaccurately named; yes, I know when the French and British were here, they thought that Colorado was the West or something so we got dubbed the Midwest. But after so long, when we can accurately see that the Midwest is not in fact in the west, but instead in the east so we should really be the Mideast now, but people are stubborn and like false facts.

So some other things about the Midwest... yes literally nothing interesting is here. Chicago might just be the high peak of the whole Midwest, which hey I love Chi-town. Besides Chicago, it is literally all corn, soybeans, and marijuana. Detroit and Gary are both known for their obscene amounts of crime and murder, while my good old town is known for being the meth capital of the U.S. Great. And note, this town is not actually my hometown, I'm actually a good old Southern belle y'all. Alright sorry, no more y'alls. So nothing happens here, and I think My Big Fat Redneck Wedding or whatever might actually be from the Midwest. Sure some people are great in this region, but most people are farmers and hicks. I'm sorry, but I hate hicks with such an indescribable passion, especially when I see future ones at my school. Those kids, I swear. I'm kind of embarrassed to honestly say I went to school with them, because I know if I actually make something of myself, they'll all go around and claim they're best friends with me. I know this, because it has happened to every decent, intelligent person who has miraculously made it out of this awful, god-ridden place.

The intelligence level of people here just surprises me sometimes. I'm in higher level classes, but I know a good deal of the regs (regulars, but I like regs better) and they ask the most common sense, everybody knows the answer questions ALL THE TIME. It just infuriates me sometimes because I know that every one of them has the capability to do something with their lives besides wear fake Uggs and smoke weed. Every one has the ability to make a difference in the world, and I truly think good could come out of the people in the Midwest if they tried to not conform so much to the rude stereotype plastered to this region.

Okay so that's my tangent for today. Oh! Math pick-up line time. Hey if I was sine squared and you were cosine squared, together we could make 1 (; Good one right? No? Okay I'll just stop now... Okay have a good day beautiful people. And remember what the great old Gandhi said "Be the change you wish to see in the world!" Please think of this and stay fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment